The National Sleep Foundation suggests that the #1 tip for good sleeping habits in children is to follow a nightly routine. A bedtime ritual makes it easier for your child to relax, fall asleep and sleep through the night.
SleepBuddy™ offers just that and was designed to with sound practices in mind to help parents and children through critical sleep developmental milestones.
Sleep Recommendations for Toddlers and Preschoolers*:
Tips for Toddlers:
- Maintain a daily sleep schedule and consistent bedtime routine.
- The bedroom environment should be the same every night and throughout the night.
- Set limits.
- Encourage use of a security object.
- Develop a regular daily bedtime schedule.
Tips for Preschoolers:
- Maintain a regular and consistent sleep schedule.
- Follow-through with a bedtime routine every night.
- The child should have the same sleeping environment every night. It should be cool, quiet, dark and without a TV.
- Watch for difficulty breathing, unusual nighttime awakenings, chronic sleep problems, and behavioral problems during the day.